Friday, November 1, 2013

Sir and The Mrs. have lived in many other places, such as California, Hawaii, and South Carolina, prior to living with me in Central Florida. They like being here, and I like having them. The Mrs. says I am comfortable and bring comfort to them, though they have to work hard to fix me up. They make me feel I am cared for. Even when I need some really rough treatment, like sanding my floors. The result makes me smooth and according to The Mrs. "lovely".

I am learning a "weekend" is the time when there are two days together and when I get the most attention. The porches are "getting a scrub" this weekend in preparation for decorating me for "the holidays". I know I will look pretty when Sir and The Mrs. have finished. Sir is making grapevine wreaths for me. The Mrs. bought two old windows to hang at the edge of both porches and the wreaths will hang there. The windows came from a family owned window company in North Florida near The Best Friends house. When old windows are replaced, the company sells the old ones. The Best Friends showed The Mrs. a stack of old windows in front of a house with a for sale sign for the windows. Little did they know there was a metal warehouse behind full of new and old windows. Now The Mrs. wants to get more to make a surround about the firepit. I will one day have all new windows, too!






The beautiful blue flower is from a blue sky vine Sir bought at a place called The Back Yard in Lake Alfred, Florida. It is at a complex of shops with The Barn Antiques. The Mrs. likes all of the shops there and plans to buy me "lots". I think I look pretty with flowers on the arbors, in the flower beds and about the garden. It's so much better than the weeds that made me look forlorn. That would be a terribly sad name, Forlorn Cottage. Winsome Cottage suits me much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment